Sachs engines have the following numbering scheme:
- 50 is the engine size 30, 50, 80, 100,150, 175 (50 for US models)
- X is the bottom end designation 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 (4, 5 or 8 for US models).
- Y is the number of speeds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or A ( 1 or A for US models)
- Z is the cylinder designation, and represents the speed restrictions applied, and may be A, B, C or D
- W is an additional designation sometimes included on later models and import models to identify other peculiarities. A “K” for example indicates the kickstart version.
For example: the most common would be the 505/1A which has the longer “5” bottom end, “1” speed transmission, and an “A” speed rating, with corresponding “A” carb, intake, cylinder and exhaust.
Welcome. Myron’s Mopeds carries some Sachs 504 and 505 engine parts. Some things are already in Parts/By Type.
This Sachs Engine parts department is separate from the Sachs (Moped) Parts department. It is planned to follow the layout of the Indian parts department, with pictures on the left, and small groups listed on the right, alongside the picture they are in.
Sachs 504 Mainshaft assy 0285-112-001, bare as shown here, $25, or complete except for sprocket, $35, or complete with sprocket and new seal $60.
Sachs 505 Mainshaft assy 0285-122-101, as shown $40, complete with sprocket and new seal $75.
under super heavy duty construction, almost ultra duty